Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Systemic enzymes page

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

Systemic enzymes

Shop Now
    Does anyone have experience with taking systemic enzymes? I've been taking them since last week for Diabetes related problems, everything seems to be going well except for a mild headache (I was told to expect this at first) but also, to my horror I weighed myself this morning and I've gained four pounds! I haven't been eating any more than usual (much less actually) and I read that enzymes are meant to make you lose weight! Temporary side effect?
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

avocado is offline Senior Member
    What are "systemic enzymes"? There are thousands of enzymes in the body. Wouldn't it depend what ones you take? Do they actually get absorbed without being digested or denatured?

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    StoneAgeQueen, are you taking something like the following? :

Doctor's Best, Proteolytic Enzymes
    http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-B...Caps/9941?at=0

If so, I will comment on my own experiences: I only take these sporadically (maybe 1-2x/week if I'm lucky), so I haven't been consistent enough to discern a noticeable effect, one way or the other.

Personally, I'm a big fan of reading product reviews to hear about what others using a particular product have experienced. You may want to glance at the reviews in the link above, for an example of the kinds of effects that others have seen from using systemic enzymes.

Thanks I have already read numerous reviews for my product. The weight gain went already, I think it was just temporary water retention. I take zymessence by the way.
    Fruit and starch free.

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    >> The weight gain went already, I think it was just temporary water retention.

glad to hear it!

lookingforthecure is offline Junior Member

your experience with systemic enzymes

Hello StoneAgeQueen,

I'm a type I diabetic of 20 years, and I found Dr. William Wong's site, where he sells Zymessence. I'm considering taking it, and wondered what your results have been so far. According to his website, there's real possibility that a type I diabetic could eliminate the need to shots. Has this happened to you, or have you even noticed a difference in your A1Cs? I'm also worried about hypoglycemia, if taking Zymessence really encourages insulin production by one's own pancreas (!). Then again, maybe I'm being too hopeful. Would love to hear your experience!

Many thanks,
    -R

apple is offline Senior Member
    I'm bumping this thread because I'm curious to know what benefits you are seeing from this supplement. Are you still taking them? Any effect on your insulin dosages? The idea that they can restore pancreatic function is very appealing
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    I wasn't taking systemic enzymes, just digestive enzymes. I had some weight gain from them at first too. From looking at the Zymessence page, its seems the only difference is the serrapeptase enzyme.
    It is a temporary albeit slightly horrifying side effect. I gained 5lbs over 5 days.
    Calm the f**k down.

apple is offline Senior Member
    I looked at their website too, it is like $90 for a bottle. I definitely can't spend that...I found some alternatives on iHerb though.
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

What HASN'T improved by the Zymessence? My insulin usage has slashed to about a quarter of what it was (and falling), my retinopathy was HALTED in its tracks and no longer requires any laser treatment, and I now have the best controlled diabetes in the diabetic clinic of the hospital. Yes, it's expensive, but seriously worth it. Bearing in mind that I've been low carb for a very long time, but still suffered from insulin resistance and found out last August that my retinopathy was back. I was also starting to get pains in my feet... it's ALL good now. The dreaded 'dawn phenomenon' was the first thing to go. The main difference between Zymessence and the other brands is that Zymessence usually contains a lot more enzymes, so you need to take a lot less. I only take three a day now, although I started on 6.
    Last edited by StoneAgeQueen; 04-27-2011 at 05:42 AM.
    Fruit and starch free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast