Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What causes pink circles/shadows under kids' eyes? page

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member

What causes pink circles/shadows under kids' eyes?

Primal Fuel
    I think someone posted on here once about how a family at the grocery store (with a cart full of good stuff) had kids that were well behaved and didn't have that pink under their eyes.

Anyone know what causes that and why?

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Someone here said that pink was due to allergies but I can't remember which one. Either grain or dairy.
    Calm the f**k down.

spicegirl is offline Senior Member
    I don't know that any one type of allergy causes pink under eyes. I think it might just be food allergies in general. Most common food allergies tend to be wheat, dairy and corn. That's not saying those are what causes this, but they tend to be the most common.

sg

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    jqbancroft: I think that was me.

Pink under kids' eyes = dairy allergy/intolerance. An old wise healer woman told me that years ago, and it stuck in my mind because I see kids with this all the time. Also, my friend's daughter had the pink circles and I told her about the dairy connection. My friend took her girl off the dairy, and the pink went away.

I also posted here about a cute (from behind) 5-year-old girl I saw at Trader Joe's one time. She turned around to look at me, and she looked like she had been punched in her eyes, those pink circles were so bad. I looked up at what her mother was buying: One thing. A big package of cheese sticks.

Dark circles = wheat.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    This is fascinating! Thank you. My step-daughter has pink circles under her eyes, and she does love eating yogurt, drinking milk, and eating cheese. Poor kiddo

I wonder if anyone knows of sources making the link between pink under-eyes and milk? If I had something concrete, my husband could ask his ex to get her tested for food allergies, but I doubt she'll do it based on us just saying "hey, we noticed she has pink under her eyes and we read it can be linked with milk sensitivities. Can you get her tested?" lol.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    If dark circles always =wheat, mine would be gone
    I wonder if the coloring of the child has any bearing on the circles? My family is First Nations, so dark hair, dark eyes and yellow undertone. My 2 girls and I have very dark circles under our eyes. I've eliminated most things (at one time or another) now I'm working on eliminating dairy. I wonder of the pink for children with lighter tones comes out more purple for us?(Its a purple/yellow mix...real purty.)
    Calm the f**k down.

lexsi340 is offline Senior Member
    This is so awful to hear, my baby brothers (toddler/elementary) have had dark circles under their eyes for most of their short lives, and I know their awful (worse than CW) small town diet is probably destroying them.
    I know my stepmother/father wouldn't want to hear.. and they're about 2000 miles away - but considering me and another cousin have tested for gluten-sensitivity.. ugh. And we were both still raised on organic CW fare, I can't think of what will become of them. It's like child negligence!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Metis: It is true that heritage does play a role in the dark circles. Those of Mediterranean descent can have them regardless of their wheat-eating status, so it's reasonable to think if they can then other heritages can, too. We were talking about this topic a while ago and someone said s/he still had the dark circles even though no wheat. I chimed in about the Mediterranean thing and, guess what, it turns out s/he was Mediterranean!

P.S. I am pure pale honky, unfortunately, and my dark circles went away pretty quickly once off the wheat.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Metis: It is true that heritage does play a role in the dark circles. Those of Mediterranean descent can have them regardless of their wheat-eating status, so it's reasonable to think if they can then other heritages can, too. We were talking about this topic a while ago and someone said s/he still had the dark circles even though no wheat. I chimed in about the Mediterranean thing and, guess what, it turns out s/he was Mediterranean!
    This is me.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    I thought the dark circles were caused by a deficiency of something. I think it was vitamin A.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast