Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cookware Question- Masterclad at Costco page

betty74 is offline Senior Member

Cookware Question- Masterclad at Costco

Primal Fuel
    Hi! I was at Costco today and bought the Masterclad cookware. It is really expensive, but they were only going to be there till Monday so I bought it knowing I could return if I find bad reviews. It is a stainless steel cookware with a non-stick coating, which is not teflon. I can't find too much info. on the safety of it. Does anyone have any experience/advice?

Any thoughts or experience with the new non-stick pots and pans??

awm8604 is offline Member
    Couldn't find any information on their site about what goes into the coating: MasterClad Professional Cookware Commercial Grade

Personally I have a seasoned cast iron griddle/pan combo and stainless steel saucepan/stock pot combo that cover everything I cook. The term "non-stick" coating would give me reservations. I think a well seasoned cast iron pan is the way to go. Mine never sticks. Lodge makes great cast iron and can be found on Amazon.

I returned the pans. Not comfortable with the lack of info. I'm finding on the product. I have cast iron. I have followed tons of info. on seasoning and been using them for 2 years and they still aren't seasoned well.

awm8604 is offline Member
    This is the tutorial I used:

Seasoning Cast Iron WITHOUT Crisco?? [Moved from Home Cooking board] - Cookware - Chowhound

It worked great, lots of smoke though, and after daily use and cooking lots of fat in them the surface is perfect.

gordong11 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by betty74 View Post
    Hi! I was at Costco today and bought the Masterclad cookware. It is really expensive, but they were only going to be there till Monday so I bought it knowing I could return if I find bad reviews. It is a stainless steel cookware with a non-stick coating, which is not teflon. I can't find too much info. on the safety of it. Does anyone have any experience/advice?
    I bought the griddle at Costco for $112(online at masterclad.tv it sells for $160), it is supreme quality and works great. The guy said if i came back and bought a set, he would throw in 3 extra pieces worth over $300...just as an fyi. I wish I could afford the set, but I have better things to do for $600. besides i needed a griddle.

But the quality is there, and has a lifetime warranty.
    Last edited by gordong11; 04-18-2012 at 04:22 PM.

twa2w is offline Senior Member
    Teflon is a brand name. There is almost 100% chance that the coating is a non-brand chemical equivelant to teflon. I ran into the dame thing last year at costco - the cookware I believe was called ameriware. the demonstrator said no teflon. When i got home I checked and it was the same type of chemical but not branded teflon so legally he could get away with it.

gordong11 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twa2w View Post
    Teflon is a brand name. There is almost 100% chance that the coating is a non-brand chemical equivelant to teflon. I ran into the dame thing last year at costco - the cookware I believe was called ameriware. the demonstrator said no teflon. When i got home I checked and it was the same type of chemical but not branded teflon so legally he could get away with it.
    The coating is not teflon. teflon is cheap crap and would not be on anycook ware worth its salt. I own the masterclad, and its not teflon....trust me on this. This masterclad has a solid non-stick coating, not sprayed on like a teflon. teflon you cant even use metal utensils. Tihs masterclad has a titanium blend in its coating, rock solid.
    Last edited by gordong11; 04-19-2012 at 10:19 AM.

Primal Bob is offline Member
    I finally broke down and bout an AllClad frying pan after Christmas - I had a set of non-stick that started to chip and flake that I just didn't feel comfortable using anymore.

I still have one that I use for my eggs, but for most of my cooking, it's stainless steel.

AlbyS1 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    MasterClad is a superior (in my opinion) cookware made by Regal Ware in Wisconson USA. They are one of the very few American companies to not run off to China like All Clad has.

The pans are made with Magnetic Stainless steel and the non stick surface is Titanium in a ceramic base. This creates a NON TOXIC scratch resistant non stick surface that is guaranteed for life.

I have a set of these that I bought at Costco after extensive research and I totally love them.

These pans are well worth the investment and will last forever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast