Thread: How much does it normally cost to get Blood work done? page

bma1208 is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I am interested in getting my blood work done now and in about in about 6 months time to see how going primal improves/changes the results.

I have had a look around and the only place I can fine near me that does blood work (appart from my GP) is the company below.

http://www.medichecks.com/index.cfm?s=2&d=19&thc=10&test=01MC&name=Essential +Blood+Screen

The test seems pretty comprehensive but at 160 also very expensive. Is this the normal cost for this type of thing?

Thanks

Zophie is offline Senior Member

Over here we have a health fair where the public can go and get the blood work done. It cost me $100 and took about 3 weeks for them to get me the results. I know if I had my regular Dr. do it, it would have taken less time and been about twice as much money.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

geez I don't know... I just "added on" my Vitamin D serum test when my doctor ordered other blood work. Basically, "Hey while you're at it, can we also test this?" and she didn't have a problem with it - and my insurance covered it.

Maybe that's a strategy you could use if you have insurance that might work similarly?

I would like to get a lipid panel done out of curiosity but don't feel comfy asking for it while I'm pregnant - I think it would bring up my "weird diet" too obviously (not because of the numbers but because I was asking in the first place and the doc would want to know why) and I don't want to have to defend it too much.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.